Why buy from Better Jewelry?
We have been in the jewelry business for over 20 years, so when you buy from us you know that you are conducting business with a reputable company that stands behind its products and knows the intricacies of the jewelry business.
- We constantly update our inventory, bringing you the newest and most awesome styles available.
- We offer free standard shipping on all orders within the USA.
Are all of your items genuine?
Every single Better Jewelry item is 100% brand new and authentic.
- Every sterling silver item is stamped with .925.
- Every gold item is stamped with the appropriate karat or the universal equivalent.
- All diamond jewelry comes with an appraisal of authenticity.
Only NY state residents are required to pay sales tax, which is 8.375%.Do you offer wholesale sales and pricing?
We manufacture our jewelry so we can offer you competitive pricing on most of our jewelry. Please check our Contact Us page to inquire about large quantities at wholesale prices. We will get back to you as fast as we can.
Better Jewelry guarantees that the jewelry we ship to you will accord with the weight, size, and style described in our store. If any item you receive is not the same as described, once we receive the item in new condition we will either replace the item with an item that matches the description or refund your payment in full, including shipping and handling charges.
Do you offer jewelry repairs?
We have jewelry experts on our team, specializing in jewelry repair.
- Please contact us with details regarding what needs to be repaired and we will do our best to give you an estimate. Some items might have to be shipped back so we can see the extent of the damage prior to giving you a price for repair.
We can also offer re-platting services.
- The fee for re-plating a previously purchased item is $25.00.
- The fee to re-plate an item that you did not purchase from us the price is $40.00.
- Please contact us prior to shipping out the item.
Part of the platinum family, rhodium is often plated over sterling silver, gold and other metals to give them an icy-white sheen comparable to platinum.
Rhodium plating not only creates a shiny and smooth surface but also protects the jewelry from fading and tarnishing. You can rest assured that your rhodium plated item will retain its luster for years to come. Did you Know? Rhodium is the most expensive precious metal on earth.What is Gold?
Gold is a precious metal, celebrated for its luxurious beauty and resistance to corrosion and rust. The long-lasting strength of gold makes it a wise investment, easy to sell should the need ever arise or keep in the family for many generations.
- Three different colors of gold are used in jewelry: yellow gold, white gold, and rose gold.
- The purity of gold jewelry is expressed in karatage ("k").
Gold is the most malleable precious metal on earth, which means that in its pure form it is too soft to be used in jewelry production and has to be mixed with other base metals (usually copper) to give it strength.
Did you Know? The chemical symbols for gold AU means “shining dawn” in Latin.What is Silver?
Silver is a white precious metal, popular in jewelry and silverware.
Silver is also too soft to be used by itself in jewelry and so is mixed with other metals to increase its strength. One of the most popular jewelry metals is sterling silver, which is 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper.
Since most of our sterling silver jewelry is plated with rhodium, it will not tarnish like un-plated sterling silver.
You can use a simple jewelry cloth to wipe your jewelry. Do not use sterling silver polish on jewelry that has been coated with rhodium as this will ruin the coating. Sterling silver jewelry that does not have rhodium can be cleaned with silver cleaner and a polishing cloth.
We offer cleaning services at our factory for a fee of $10.00. Please contact us for more information.
How do Cubic Zirconia stones compare to diamond carat weight?
- 4.0mm round: 0.25 ct tw
- 5.0mm round: 0.50 ct tw
- 5.5mm round: 0.66 ct tw
- 6.0mm round: 0.75 ct tw
- 6.5mm round: 1.00 ct tw
- 7.0mm round: 1.25 ct tw
- 7.5mm round: 1.50 ct tw
- 8.0mm round: 2.00 ct tw
- 8.5mm round: 2.50 ct tw
- 9.0mm round: 3.00 ct tw
- 9.5mm round: 3.50 ct tw
- 10.0mm round: 4.00 ct tw
- 10.5mm round: 4.50 ct tw
- 11.0mm round: 5.00 ct tw
Do you offer coupons?
Yes, please take a look at our main page to see if there are any coupons available. Limited to one use per customer.